To uphold the promise of giving back to the community through financial and non-financial contributions to the key pillars of the community
- Effectively enhance our community investments through leveraging NBB's full resources and capabilities
Select Key Achievements
|Financial Inclusion||2020||2021||2022||As of 30th of June 2023|
|Number of branches in low populated and economically disadvantaged areas||3||1||1||1|
|Number of ATMs in low populated and economically disadvantaged areas||3||5||5||5|
- NBB supported the Bahrain Red Crescent Society, this will contribute to alleviating human suffering, providing social services and humanitarian aid, as well as training volunteers.
- NBB contributed to the renovation of a multipurpose playground in Zinj Park
- NBB collaborated with 60 Charity Funds and Societies to distribute coupons to support more than 7600 families during the Holy month of Ramadan
- NBB renewed its sponsorship for the Annual Charity Fundraiser organized by the Rotary Club of Manama, the funds raised will address prevalent issues within the local community by providing necessary food and shelter upgrades, vocational training for Bahraini youth and events for children with special needs
- NBB sponsored Ahli Club at this year’s Asian Men’s Club Volleyball Championship
- NBB maintained its Platinum Sponsorship of the TradeQuest Programme in addition we had our employees volunteering as judges for the competition held, demonstrating its ongoing support for students aspiring to work in the financial industry.
- NBB partnered with Innov8 Hackathon 2023, one of the biggest cloud-based innovation hackathons, in an event that focused on empowering talented youth in the Kingdom
- NBB launched “Evolve” Summer internship programme, an initiative that offers students from schools and universities with valuable industry knowledge by providing on-job trainings across several departments within the Bank in addition to different sessions to enhance their knowledge of the banking industry.
- NBB supported the Annual Bonds, Loans and Sukuk Middle East Conference as a sponsor held at Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai, with the attendance of various representatives from NBB team.
- NBB supported the Middle East Investor Relations Association (MEIRA) 2023 annual conference as a gold sponsor
- NBB supported the Bahrain International Schools Eco-Summit 2023 which brought together 300 students to attend sustainability workshops and presentations, and showcase their individual eco-projects
- NBB supported the Bahrain Deaf Sports Club, which will help in providing the Kingdom’s hearing-impaired youth with opportunities to excel in sports and culture
|Community Investment Allocation||2020||2021||2022||6 months ending June 2022||6 months ending June 2023|
|Value of allocation to the Donations and Contributions Fund (BHD m)||3.7||2.7||3.369||2||1.75|
|Row Labels||Sum of Paid invoice amount in BHD||Percentage|
|Grand Total||BHD 22,210,192||100%|