Team Leader – System Administration
The role holder is responsible to perform all system administration team functions to ensure secure, reliable, uninterrupted and efficient services.
- Manage the activities of the System Administration tasks and provide regular update reports to the Head Unit/Department.
- Support and ensure the mission critical systems are operational 24x7.
- Establish policies, procedures and documentation pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, usage, problem detection/resolution, for all systems under the System Admin responsibilities
- Direct the work of consultants and technical staff, leads and monitor performance to ensure efficiency and timeline.
- Plans, design, configures the installation, administration and maintenance of physical and virtual server infrastructure, equipment, operating systems and software application to ensure high availability
- Manage systems performance, identify root causes and ensure the implementation of solutions.
- Assist IT Units Section and provide full support for new projects.
- Manage contracts related to system administration section.
- Review and update system admin guidelines and knowledge base on regular basis
- Prepare budgets, plans and proposals for upgrades to newer technology in the System Administration Section.
- List, maintain and update inventory of hardware and software under System Administration as well as research and advise on system and software purchase decisions
- Assists and carry out any other assignments given by the Unit/Department Head as and when required.
- Adhere to and implement departmental policies, systems, and procedures and ensure quality and cost-effective service.
- Design plan and budget of the new capacity requirements for the coming years.
- Review and recommend for the new operating systems and other software and keep track of obsolete hardware
- Managing System Admin Team, Team Developments, Team works & Training.
- Develop best practices to achieve department goals.
People Management Responsibilities
- Define goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensure effective implementation of the NBB performance management process.
- Develop talent within the team by providing guidance and coaching to achieve the defined goals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in any other subject or equivalent is required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or in any other subject is preferred.
Years & Nature of Experience: Minimum 3-4 years of practical experience in a bank or same or similar function.
Skills & Competencies
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Organising and Planning Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Result and Achievement Oriented
- Analytical Ability
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Microsoft Skills